National ID Registration Philippines: What You Need To Know?
President Rodrigo Roa Duterte signed into law the Republic Act No. 11055 or known as “Philippine Identification System Act” in August 2018. It aims to establish a single national identification system for all citizens and resident aliens of the Republic of the Philippines.
The valid proof of identity provided by the PhilSys shall be a means of simplifying public and private transactions, and shall be a social and economic platform that promotes seamless social service delivery and strengthening of financial inclusion for both public and private services. The PhilID is a valid proof of identity that can be used to transact with the government and private sector. It is a non-transferable card issued upon successful registration to the PhilSys.
The online registration for the Philippine Identification System started on 30th of April 2021. The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) have launched an online portal for national ID registration (https://register.philsys.gov.ph/#/eng). Applicants will simply have to input their personal information and schedule their visit to centers to have their biometrics information recorded.
How to register for the National ID?
Here are the requirements: //NEDA
Threats of having a National I.D
Despite the easy and great use of the National I.D., We cannot avoid Security Threats.
1. Government employees may abuse PhilSys.
– Government officials are human, may express their emotions first before their profession. They might use the information they know to do prohibited act, such as stalking, blackmailing, and other.
2. Identity theft
– Since all the information will be store. Cyberhackers are more likely to be present to steal identity and other important information.
3. A massive data breach might occur, it is important to plan for it.
– Evolving Technologies make possibilities of an increasing data breach in the future. It would be better to counter-plan the attacker.
Authors: Jekka Ko & Charlene Castelo
(National ID Registration Philippines, https://marvill.com/)
Also Read about the Top 10 Web Development Companies