With the continued hype KPop Idols and great Korean Dramas, a lot of people started learning Hangul. With a lot of time at hand because of the quarantine restrictions in most countries. People started to invest time in learning Korean. Well, I am one of those individuals who have invested time learning Hangul, I will try to share some of my experiences trying to learn the language thru self-study.
What to expect when learning a new language?
1st Tip: When learning a new language it is best to understand that you won’t be able to learn this overnight. It will require a lot of time and consistency to actually be successful in this.
2nd Tip: Be organize and limit resources to be more effective and have an academic plan.
Here are some list of good sources:
1. Talk to me in Korean (still the best primary resource) – https://www.youtube.com/user/talktomeinkorean
2. Cherish Unnie (For Filipino) – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaUqLoS3Qmxa0NbhE4zBKqg
3. Korean Unnie (For casual and fun learning) – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcA88_Z7wQWMoQ9bKwjuanA
4. Jolly (Adviseable to get inspired learning Korean for fun) – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcA88_Z7wQWMoQ9bKwjuanA
There are a lot more resources in youtube however it is best to limit and follow one learning plan to get more with your efforts.
3rd Tip: Some apps that can help you with this journey. Most of the Apps have subscriptions so expect some cost in getting these apps.
- Talk to me in Korean App – They have Audio lessons that are short and organize for you already
- Duolingo – Learning a language is fun and easy just launch and spend a few minutes for one lesson.
- LingoDeer – An app that can help you in developing by following their lessons.
- Papago – probably the best translation tool that you have to have.
- HelloTalk – if you love learning and you want to get to socially learn with other students or native speakers this is an app that can help you.
Let’s start with this first, I will keep articles short so that it won’t be too overwhelming. In our next lessons, we will talk about Hangul Alphabeth.